Friday 2 September 2011

Where is Robin Hood when you need him?!


Have you ever read anything that makes you uncontrollably laugh out loud. I tend to have these moments at least once a year, and yesterday during my lunch break at work, a laugh came out which drew unwanted attention to me.

The headline read 'The rich get richer and the poor get poorer' it was either in The Sun or The Mirror and at first I thought it was going to be the same boring article about how taxes are rising but the rich don't seem to be affected! Although its a piss take that we pay more, I've read that kind of story dozens of times!

This article was different though. It started off like the normal kind of article, but then the funny part emerged. I was told that banks would be contacting myself and every other customer in the UK to advise us on how to manage our money!

Now correct me if I'm wrong but I wasn't the one who lost our money in the first place! Maybe we should transfer their calls back to the same bank so they can learn from their mistakes! Apparently some of their advice is for customers to cut down on their phone bills, to cancel Sky, and to downgrade on their holiday. These people are probably talking to us by a pool in Dubai, sipping on a cocktail which is probably paid for with our money! When I see a picture of them at Pontin's, I will consider listening to them!

I'm sorry I might as well take advice about money from Kerry Katona. If they rang me and said 'The best advice we can give to you is to take all you money out in cash and store it in a safe' then I would listen as then I wouldn't have a potential character from TOWIE (The Only Way Is Essex) looking after my pounds...Yeah I used to have more, but the bank gave it to people who didn't have a hope in hell in paying it back!!!

Them giving us advice is cheekier than Katie Price telling teenage girls that going under the knife is not the answer! If their advice is so good and fool proof, why don't they give us back the money we have paid in taxes and they can sort out the debt themselves! Maybe don't give the 'merchant bankers' who screwed up our economy a bonus and instead put that money into the billions and billions of pounds we owe!

I have come to accept that I have to pay so much in tax. (doesn't mean I am happy about it but unless Steven Hawkins invents a time machine, there is not a lot we can do about it) But I think that if we are to pay it back, at least make it fun for us. An example, create a banker's fun fair! I would like to see the people who have put us in this mess put in the stocks, and we pay money to throw our taxes at them! Now the dedicated people would change their money up into pennies so they could get the most satisfaction out of it! (However in no way do I condone violence)

To be honest, why should we just concentrate on bankers, how about making politicians pay back their stupid claims... I could go on but my tea is ready. I have two slices of toast and a cup of water from the jug i put out in my back garden to fill me up. Cheers you Bankers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...